26 West Terrace, Kapunda SA 5373
If These Walls Could Talk House - Property ID: 643128
History rich and laden with character and charm this (circa 1850-1864) freestone residence is nestled amongst mature shady trees, playful lawned areas and rambling gardens on the southern side of Kapunda's landmark viewing vantage point "Gundrys Hill".
Best described as a partially "Uncut Diamond" this colonial freestone home has served its current family for the last 30 years, Now its your opportunity!
Offering a versatile floorplan currently comprising
* 4 double bedrooms
* Huge real country style kitchen with Wellstood combustion stove, freestanding electric stove, antique kitchen cupboards and polished timber floating floors
* Big lounge with slate fire mantle and split system airconditioner
* Cosy sitting room with timber/leadlight windows, exposed bluestone walls & slate floor that overlooks the pool area
* Library or 5th double bedroom with french doors
* Walk thru pantry with built in antique cupboards
* Enclosed side entry porch
* Serviceable wet areas
* Mystery room (maybe proposed new bathroom)
* Return concave front verandah
In keeping with the era a freestanding freestone outbuilding (ideal studio) with underground dry cellar is located within a couple of metres from the home.
The inground swimming pool area is an oasis with its random slate paving, winding bluestone walls and meandering gardens, mature trees, established shrubs and lawned areas make up the balance of the 2316 sqm lot (nearly 2/3 acre)
A 9m x 6m zincalume garage with concrete floor, pit and power and attached front gable roofed 6m x 3m verandah and side 12m x 3m undercover storage area providing approximately 108 sqm of storage/workshop space.
Now back to the "Uncut Diamond" bit, its not all champagne and chocolates, there is work to be done and money to be spent to turn this home into a polished gem. While the roof has been replaced, wiring and plumbing mostly upgraded, the kitchen recently sympathetically revived, other rooms tastefully rejuvenated the wet areas need attention and other rooms will require your own personal TLC overtime.
If your still reading I must have your interest !
Of course you can still expect the high lofty decorative ceilings, open fire places, abundance of huon, baltic and cedar timber work, timber floors that form the heart of a home of this era along with the feeling of space both inside and out.
Theres stacks of history too, being owned by the Fotheringhams (Brewers) in the late 1870s and wife of Sir Sydney Kidman, Isabel Kidman in the early 1900s.
Call or email Steve for any more details, or better still come for a look and imagine your ideas to make this gem really sparkle.
- Land Size Approx. - 2316 m2